Pearl Street Grill & Brewery
Regular price $ 18.99
Buffalo Landmark -Pearl St Grill and Brewery Photograph
About the Pearl Street Grill and Brewery
The building in which Pearl Street resides was originally built in 1870. The first owner was a local dressmaker, Mrs. George Palmer. The business was sold in 1891 to H.O. Putnam, another dressmaker. The building ceased being a dressmaking operation in 1919, after nearly 50 years of being home to the dressmaking business. That year the R.C. Neal Co. took over the building and established a hardware store. During the time in which the hardware store operated, a restaurant set up shop in the building as well. Mac Garry’s restaurant operated out of the basement of the building from 1927 until 1963. When in 63′ the street grade was changed with the arrival of the expressway and the windows looking into Mac Garry’s were now below ground. It was 20 years before another restaurant opened, Garcia’s Irish Pub, in 1983. Garcia’s was the only business in the building from 1983 until 1996. In 1997, the dawn of Pearl Street Grill & Brewery began.
All image sizes also available as print only
Copyright text will NOT appear on your purchase